ICL Graduate Business School
StudyHeight University Ranking. #Rank 0
|| High School
|Course Custom Name
||Diploma of Information Systems
The Diploma of Information Systems (DIS) Level 5 is an introduction to the applications of computer science within a business environment. It covers basic and intermediate programming in Java combined with the core elements of business management. It is an eight-month programme with entry from High School graduation and academic IELTS 5.5 overall. This programme is ideal for students who wish to combine business and IT and consists of two 16-week trimesters, each with four papers (total of eight papers). It has a pathway onto the BCIS degree at AUT University with a semester’s credit. The DIS was first approved by NZQA in 2002 and taught initially by ACG Business School, which was acquired by ICL in 2007 and renamed ICL Business School. Previously there were three entry levels: Standard, Accelerated and Year One.
|Course Duration (In Months)
||8 (1 Academic Year) Months
||June 2020, August 2020, September 2020, October 2020
Gain the knowledge and skills to organise and manage activities on a construction site. Construction sites can involve hundreds of workers and millions of dollars of materials, and construction managers are responsible for managing both. The Bachelor of Construction (Construction Management) helps you further your knowledge of management structures, and gain an in-depth understanding of supply chain, people and production management.
- A good foundation for a career in construction management, providing you with the skills to undertake detailed planning and management of resources applied to construction projects.
- An overview of all aspects of the construction industry.
- Explore progressively more complex scenarios and projects, and develop the technical skills to schedule activities and resources on construction projects.
- Application of Building Information Modelling (BIM) technology and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) processes
- A major industry research project where you can apply what you've learnt.
- Relevant to your future career: Unitec's advisory boards include experts who keep us up-to-date with industry trends and relevant legislation in the construction industry.
- Lecturers with plenty of experience in the construction industry and guest lecturers who are leaders in their field.