The Bachelor of Global Studies will shape you as an informed citizen who can make a difference in our increasingly globalised world.
This interdisciplinary programme will expand your mind as you are exposed to new ways of thinking about the world. As you gain competency in another language you’ll deepen your understanding of other cultures and perspectives.
You will develop skills for employment, such as leadership, teamwork, public speaking, critical thinking, research and intercultural communication.
The Bachelor of Global Studies is a cross-faculty degree that draws on the combined expertise of the faculties of Arts, Business, Creative Arts and Industries, Engineering, Law and Science.
You will choose from one of four majors when you start the programme:
- Global Environment and Sustainable Development
- Global Politics and Human Rights
- International Relations and Business
- Transnational Cultures and Creative Practice
You will supplement your major with core courses in Global Studies, courses in a language, area studies in a region related to your chosen language, elective courses, and General Education.
You will have many opportunities to develop skills and experience through internships, workshops and research projects. We encourage you to spend time overseas during your study.
The broad structure of the programme is:
- Three core courses: GLOBAL 100, GLOBAL 200, GLOBAL 300 (45 points)
- Ten courses in your chosen major (150 points)
- Four courses in a language (60 points)
- Three courses in area studies (45 points)
- Two General Education courses (30 points)
- Two elective courses (30 points)